48 COVID-19 suspects test negative: Goa Minister
02-April-2020
Forty eight suspected COVID-19 samples sent by the Goa Health Department to the National Institute of Virology in Pune earlier this week have rested negative, Health Minister Vishwajit Rane said on Thursday.
"All the 48 samples sent to NIV, Pune are reported negative. Goa is united in fighting the menace of COVID19Pandemic under the guidance & support of our CM @DrPramodPSawant," Health Minister Vishwajit Rane said on Thursday.
On Wednesday, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant had said that Goa would be in the "safe zone" if the batch of test samples," one of the largest batches sent by the state to the NIV," tested negative.
Currently, five persons have tested positive for coronavirus in Goa, and according to health authorities their condition is stable.
On Thursday, the state government started a large scale sanitisation drive in public areas like railways stations, bus stands, markets, etc., as a means to halt the spread of COVID-19. IANS
US Tariff Hike Hits Tamil Nadu Seafood Exports, Shrimp Firms Slash Production by 50%
Tamil Nadu CM Stalin Seeks Emergency Relief for Exporters Hit by US 50% Tariffs
Coimbatore ATS Seizes 2 Tonnes of Gelatin Sticks, Driver Arrested in Madukkarai
Vijay’s Madurai Show Draws Lakhs, But Aftermath Tells A Mixed Story
NDA Trying To Snatch People's Rights, Destroy Democracy, Says Tejashwi Yadav