Three including 6-year-old child electrocuted in Bengal



 Three persons including a six-year-old child were electrocuted during a picnic at Baneshwarpur in West Bengal's 24 Parganas (South) district on Sunday, police said.

The tragedy occurred when the child caught an overhead high voltage cable while playing on the terrace of a school where the picnic was being held.

The child was electrocuted, and seeing his condition, some other picnickers rushed to rescue him using bamboo poles and logs. But in the process, two more got electrocuted, a police officer said.

The deaths were confirmed by doctors at a local hospital where the victims were taken.IANS