Three girls die in UP after eating poisonous berries
Three girls died on Sunday after consuming poisonous berries in a village here.
The incident took place in Khadrabad village under Gunnaur police station limits.
According to the families, the minor girls went out to play when they ate the berries which were apparently poisonous.
"After consuming the seeds, my daughter had suffered from giddiness and came back home. Then she started vomiting. We immediately took her to a quack, who runs a clinic in our village. He gave some medicines and said that she would be normal in a couple of days but there was no improvement in her health," said Jagmohan, the father of one of the girls.
The girls, in the age group 8 to 10, were taken to Aligarh after their condition deteriorated but they died before reaching the hospital.
The deceased girls are identified as Rachana ,10, Sakshi ,10, and Gaura ,8.
Meanwhile, Sakshi's mother Mithilesh said that the quack had told them that their daughter was suffering from either typhoid or malaria.
All the three minor girls were cremated at Ganga Ghat on Sunday, without the knowledge of the administration.
Chief medical officer Dr Anita Singh said, "We were not informed of the incident but a team will now be sent to the village to investigate the matter."IANS
82% eligible population received at least one dose of vaccine
Police to investigate death of Jayalalithaa's driver
T20 World Cup: It's going to be a real dogfight, says Hayden on India v Pakistan
T20 World Cup: Laxman picks his India playing XI for clash against Pakistan
EC bars political activity in areas adjoining bypoll-bound seats