Blast in Kolkata house, woman seriously burnt
A woman sustained serious burn injuries in a blast in the city's northeast suburb of Keshtopur.
The victim, the wife of a Kolkata Police inspector, was at home when the blast occurred.
The blast occurred on Friday night at 10:30 p.m. Such was the intensity of the blast that the victim Swati Roy - working in the kitchen - got 90 per cent burns while the window panes were shattered and a door was blown through, police said.
Debasish Roy, an inspector with the special Branch of Kolkata Police, had just returned to his residence at Hanapara when there was a loud explosion. On rushing to the kitchen, he found his wife ablaze and rushed her to a private hospital after dousing the flames with water.
"She has 90 per cent burns," a hospital official said.
Forensic experts, who visited the spot, suspect a gas leakage from an LPG cylinder that triggered the blast as the air-conditioner was on with all windows and doors shut.
In a statement to the police in hospital, the victim said the fire broke out as she tried to light up the cooking oven.IANS
Missing Nepal woman traced by family through social media
BSF launches boat ambulance in Malkangiri in Odisha
TN forest officials use bio-repellents to ward off wild elephants
Raj Guv lays foundation for Constitution Park at Raj Bhavan
Floral waste sourced from temples turn into Zed Black Nature Flower Incense Sticks