The Weekend Leader - SC to look into attack on Muslim Ayodhya petitioner's son

SC to look into attack on Muslim Ayodhya petitioner's son

New Delhi

04-September-2019

The Supreme Court on Wednesday said that it will certainly look into the alleged attack on the son of one of the original litigants in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute, commonly known as Ayodhya dispute.

Senior advocate Rajeev Dhavan, appearing for Muslim parties, raised this issue before the Constitution bench comprising five judges and headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi.

Before the beginning of the arguments in the politically vexed title dispute, he told the court that Iqbal Ansari had been attacked by shooter Vartika Singh at Ayodhya. Wednesday was the 19th day into the hearing of the Ayodhya title dispute.

Dhavan told the court that he cannot comment whether this matter requires investigation or not, and sometime a simple observation is enough from the court.

At this, Chief Justice Gogoi said that the court will look into this matter.

Dhavan submitted before the court although, the accused in the matter has been arrested, but the crux of the matter is that the threat persists, and as a consequence Iqbal Ansari continues to remain under threat despite being provided police protection.

Ansari is the son of original Ayodhya petitioner Mohammed Hashim. IANS 


Milky Mist Cheese