Two women electrocuted in Jharkhand
Two women died due to electrocution in Jharkhand's Palamau district on Tuesday, the police said.
According to the Police, the incident took place at Basari village under Hussainbad police station in Palamau district. Both women were sisters and married to two brothers.
On Tuesday morning, one woman Reshmi Devi (50) came into contact with a live electric wire hanging from a pole. Her sister Lalmati Devi (57) tried to save her and was also electrocuted.
The villagers came out on hearing the screams of the women. The family members rushed them to the local hospital where they were declared brought dead.
The villagers later blocked the road demanding compensation from the electricity department.
They alleged that they had complained several times to the electricity department regarding the hanging naked wire.
Both the sisters had kept a 24-hour Teej (festival) fast for the well being of their husbands. They had got up early in the morning to complete the prayers. IANS