80 girl students taken ill in UP due to food poisoning
At least 80 girl students were taken ill at a college in Mirzapur reportedly after consuming sub-standard food, officials said on Thursday.
The incident of food poisoning took place at the Ashram Paddati Girls Inter college in Madihan.
The girls who were vomiting, feeling nauseous and complaining of stomach pain, were immediately rushed to the nearby community health centre and treated.
The condition of about a dozen students is stated to be serious while the others have been discharged, an official told IANS. "There is no cause for worry now."
District officials have rushed to the college.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Savita Yadav who reached the college said students and parents had complained that the food served at the college was sub-standard. A probe has been ordered. - IANS